Monday, March 19, 2007

What's Up

Today:
Landen offered an oral book report on a Hardy Boys mystery. It was good. He came in today, so excited to share something from math. He said with amazement, "Look what my teacher told me I could do, and it's not even counted as cheating!" My interest was piqued...turns out, after a long division problem, when there's gonna be a remainder, you can psyche everybody out and put a decimal point with a zero and keep on going....Ahhh, the wonders of 5th grade.
Luke has discovered mechanical pencils ...and darn near perfect handwriting. We've come so far from the days of preschool: "Luke, I know you can multiply those numbers, but can you draw a straight line?"
Today, Ardyn was terribly confused by her friend's December birthday somehow coming BEFORE her own in February. (That month song can really mess with your mind) She finally looked up, and said, "OOOHHHHH, even though they SOUND really far away, if you start over really quickly, mine comes really soon, close after!!!" I smiled. Moving right along.
Ashli helped me plant some flowers this morning. She fed Mari Alice some Cheerios, helped Luke clean out under his bed, and read books with Landen. She made a sign for the clubhouse she and Ardyn built in the corner of their room. Busy, busy!
James completed a paper 5 days early...and that's where we have to stop. You just can't have any more excitement when you're THAT prepared.
I am 3/4 through the big bedroom change-over. I'm tolerating the tension of untidiness, and doing a little each day. Hopefully we'll all be moved in to our newly organized, freshly painted digs before Easter.
Philip is officially addicted to "24". I hear "bing-bong-bing-bong" and "Jack!" in my sleep.
oh--Mari Alice, I didn't say anything about her spoiled rotten little highness.....there, you have it.

Lord, please bless all the little children... Thank you for a new day with new mercies. We put our trust in You alone.